Show Mother Nature that the Hollard Jozi Urban Mountain Bike Adventure always comes back harder and stronger? Challenge Accepted!
The MTB experts at the Hollard JUMA recommend that you never miss your yearly dose of concrete. So mark a big fat X next to the 29th May 2016. The Hollard Jozi Urban Mountain Bike Adventure is back and ready to toughen up for 2016.
The Hollard JUMA is a mountain bike race that turns the worlds’ biggest urban forest into the ultimate mountain biker’s playground with a course build worth over R1.5 million.
Mark Castel, Event Organiser, and comments: “The unlucky weather and resulting postponement was a disappointment but the reaction and understanding from our entrants was truly inspiring. Joburg Mountain bikers don’t unclip when life gets rocky, they just gear up and go!”
Here’s why you should gear up for the Hollard JUMA 2016:
All major changes taken from the feedback from 2014 will be in place:
- A new dryer date
- Two separate routes for the 54km & 22km courses
- A tougher 54km, with fewer bottlenecks and less congestion
- Batches are SAS seeded with 10 minutes between batches
- Rubberized ramps on all scaffolding
- Fewer road crossings
The 54km route, for the more experienced riders who sure of their riding skills and fitness levels will run along the same route as last year. The 54km route features a variety of sky-high scaffolding, km’s of storm drains, the 700m Anatomic tunnel, the Melville Koppie ridge and much more!
For the first time riders, juniors and casual riders we have the 22km, a less technical ride that’s mostly jeep track with some single track sections, over three exciting (but very safe) scaffolding ramps. The 22km route also features a unique towering reed tunnel section through a forest and the Spruit marshlands. No mudguard required – the reed route path runs over wooden palettes covered with rubber mats! Although more suited to first timers the 22km is guaranteed to add the excitement expected from Hollard JUMA!
If this is not enough to entice you into the saddle, there will also be some amazing prizes, to the total value of over R200 000, up for grabs!
- Best Dressed: Get on your sparkliest spandex and stand a chance to win R6000.
- Best Video: Mount those GoPro’s and capture your favourite moments to stand a chance to win R7000
- Father & Son: Grab your Dad and some wheels you could win R3000
- Single Speed: Nothing says HTFU more than tackling the Hollard JUMA with one gear!
- Fatboy (the bike not the person): Prefer your wheels with a little more meat? Enter with your fatbike and stand a chance to win up to R3000
Supporters and those who don’t live life on two wheels also have the opportunity to join in on the fun at Marks Park! Fun for the whole family including: a mini MTB route for kiddies, an SAB beer garden and “Gig Rig”, Joburg’s top food stalls, an ABI family area, and much more. Follow all the latest news and announcements via social media by following us on www.facebook.com/urbanmtb or on Twitter @JUMAMTB
Let your chains set you free. Entries are open to enter visit www.juma.co.za. Entry fees are R399 for the 54km and R299 for the 22km. Enter NOW!